Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Peace Corps diet

I've had my first real taste of the peace corps diet, but I don't think I lost any weight, just shame. My doña thinks I'm dying. I'm not dying. It just that I'd rather lay in bed and drink oral rehydration salts than spend any amount of time with people.

Also, she likes to inform the people, including my project partner, exactly how many times I left my room during the night and what I ate and drank during the day. It's cultural. People here talk more and I am waaaaay more interesting here, being as I am from America and don't speak Spanish.

It's just I don't want to discuss this with my older man project partner when I'd rather lay in a comfortable bed in the fetal position with the sound of FRIENDS on in the background. So that's what I did. I was sure to remind my doña that I had great doctors in the capital I would call if I needed them and a great medical handbook which I was reading and consulting throughout this entire process.

Just so we are all clear, my temp never went above 38.3 and my number didn't hit 5 in 1, so I'm safe. Pretty sure it was viral, and it has run it's course. The medical handbook in pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment