Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Reading

I went looking for a house today and I didn't find one.

I was told I should be at a meeting I'd never heard of.

I was used as a plotting device for a group of gossipy women.

I was told my job was to find money to give to some women.

I was told the puppy someone was going to give me died.

All of that, and at the end of the day I feel super successful because when the little girl in my house asked to play cards I said we didn't have enough light, but she accepted a reading circle. I was even more excited when a trabajadora and her little son joined in. We are currently passing the book between the three of us reading stories aloud! I don't understand all of the words, but who cares. I was able to help a little girl feel special and practice reading at the same time.

Peace Corps is worth it. I just have to remind myself of moments like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment