Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New in Chickens

A. I was recently informed that my Don (the really old guy) has given me Trevor. I don't know how truthful that is, but multiple people have said it which means I may now be the "owner" of a big giant mean rooster whom I love.

B. I think the new cleaning lady detests chickens and really birds of all kinds. When she sees one on the patio she gets a wild look in her eyes, grabs the closest object she can find and sneaks toward the bird to throw it at it. When she can't find an object she makes this rage type sound and chases the bird. It's actually kind of exciting when it happens and I tend to laugh at her and she winds up laughing with me.

C. One of the guineas died. I don't know how, but it wasn't there one day and I asked about it and they told me it died. Those were my favorite birds on the land save for Trevor. Estoy triste.

D. Sometimes I can look at a chicken and think it looks completely normal. Other times I look at a chicken and think "Now, where the heck are his arms?" Now, I am fully aware that the wings are the arms of the chicken, but when these birds aren't frozen and featherless their arms are hard to see and sometimes they look like they are running around missing two important body parts.

E. Do all chickens crow? I mean, I've never seen Trevor crow. In fact I've never seen one of the really big fat roosters crow, but those little skinny ones they use in the chicken fights, those are the ones I've seen and heard at all hours of the day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment