Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My computer broke

I may or may not have mentioned, but my computer broke about two weeks ago. I decided not to stress about it because I was at my site and there wasn't anything I could do to change the fact that it was broken from there.

I had heard that there was a quality Mac store in the capital close to the Peace Corps office and I decided to check it out.

When I left it was raining and the moto tried to up charge me 75%, but I won that battle with a free ride. I made it to the store wet, and ready to tackle fixing my computer.

I walked in and was greeted by three "saludos!" I looked to a happy faced man and told myself, "Amanda, you have to do this, and you have to do it in Spanish."

I proceeded to explain what happened with my computer completely in Spanish. The computer man was dry patient and gave me the classic line, "Your Spanish is better than my English." (I have no way of knowing if this is true or not.)

So we walked through a bunch of things to fix my computer. Accepted the fact that I was probably going to have to erase my disc and start over, and we watched blue lines show downloading progress. As each attempt to fix my little warrior showed signs of failure we frowned together. Ultimately it was decided that I needed to leave my computer overnight.

This cool guy Abraham fixed my computer and he gave me a wonderful price. So far so good, the computer is working.




No comments:

Post a Comment