Monday, September 30, 2013

How to love

From "Lamb" by Christopher Moore.

> "You drill us every day in the same movements, we practice the same brush strokes over and over, we chant the same mantras, why? So that these actions will become natural, spontaneous, without being diluted by thought, right?"
> "Yes," said Gasper.
> "Compassion is the same way," said Joshua. "That's what the yeti knew. He loved constantly, instantly, spontaneously, without thought or words. That's what he taught me. Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell. That was his gift."

Sometimes a book I don't expect reminds me of who I want to be. To have given more to the people of the world than I took and to have loved exponentially more than I let myself hate; that is my mission statement.

2 comments: