Friday, May 31, 2013

Steve Jobs

June 1, 2013

I've read 10 books in 15 days. Today, and last night, I read Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs. I dont really know why, but I cried a bit when he stepped down as CEO. Also, how did I not know he was so involved in Pixar and Pixar shorts? That was $3.00 well spent at a GoodWill. I also finished A Thousand Splendid Suns (Sara, I have no idea why it took me so long to finish that one.) it was interesting to read two books in the last two days that had settings in the past two years. I think I may drop both of these books off in the Peace Corps pack shack next time I'm in there. It'll be nice to leave some things rater than be solely a taker.

As I head to my Spanish lesson I am going to pass by the Internet center. Yesterday when I was in their the guy said I would be able to use the wifi. I'm hoping that is still true today and that the connection is good. I may even try face timing some of you people.

I think my communication has been lacking lately. Being as the cell signal in Guelete is zero, a motoconcho ride out of Guelete is 100 pesos, and a walk to the Internet center hasn't been on the top of my priority list. I do promise to be better now that I know where it is and how much it costs.

Also, I'm taking emails still at amandamcunningham@me.com.
You can find my address at the top of this blog. I am sending about 250 pesos worth or had written mail out next time I go into the capital, so be on the look out.

No empty promises though, so I won't promise anything.

1 comment: