Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Song of Songs

I don't want my wife to look for shade in another tree.

This isn't a post for everybody, but some of you may appreciate it.

I've been feeling really nostalgic lately. Some of you who were in Wired with me might remember when we studied Tommy Nelson's Song of Songs study. When I was in college I downloaded the podcast to keep in my iTunes for a while. It's free, so I suggest those of you who may want it look into it. Well, I ran into it the other day when I was cleaning up my computer.

This study is a sermon series about marriage. Tommy Nelson is a pastor in Texas. I think that what he has to say is true, but I know a lot of people who may be able to benefit from the information would shut off right away because its Christian.

Why do we do that? I know I shut off right away when an idea is coming from a certain type of person, but what can be so bad that it makes everything a person has to say wrong. Nothing. I think that's the answer. I think I need to find better ways to internalize information I get from different sources and find what is relevant for me. What did you say that can actually improve my own situation? That may be the key.

This post has lost it's purpose, but I'm just going to say if you are thinking about getting married I suggest you check it out. If you are married, I'd love for you to take a listen to the podcast (It's six lessons I believe) and tell me if you think it's relevant. Am I a day dreamer with antiquated ideas, or Song of Solomon as relevant as I think it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment