Saturday, June 22, 2013

I'm moving to Alaska

Okay, so I don't actually have any plans to move to Alaska, but wouldn't it be cool if I were actually moving to Alaska?

I've read three books recently that were set in Alaska. The nonfiction novel about Haines, Alaska written by Heather Lende makes me want to pack up and go to Alaska. The scenery sounds beautiful and the people sound wonderful. It appears to be a certain kind of lifestyle that I don't think I'd hate.

On the other hand, I live on an island and my American home is in Colorado. I can do a lot of Alaska-ish things in Colorado, like snowshoe and cut down my own Christmas tree. It would be expensive and harder to have family and friends visit than if I live in the same state... Maybe I'll reconsider.

Alaska though... Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment