Friday, January 24, 2014

I've decided just to do a short  long photo set to update you on all of the things I've been doing when I haven't been updating my blog. Since it's the new year, I'll probably write a lot of great things about my wonderful friends here, too. Really though, the people you know make your world a better place. 


This is me on New Years Eve.
 I was texting the latecomer here, trying to find out when we could get to the party. 


 Enter latecomer. We is Too. Cool. 


Honestly though, this kid has really made my time on this island better. Sarcasm is never in short supply when we get together, and a better spades buddy may not exist on this planet. From the photo below you can tell how happy he is that I've entered into his life.  


Gosh. This woman is wonderful. I love Conner. I spent a good bit of time with her over the holidays and I am so glad I did. 


Look how cute she looks at the wedding. I'm trying really hard to get her to come to America to road trip with me. Please come.... please? 


New Years Eve. Most of the pictures are staying in a secret box the rest of the world does not have access to. What happens in the last few hours of one year and the first few of another should often stay secret. 


My new site is really close to the beach. I mean... I live on an island, but I walked to the beach from my house the other day, sans problems. 


I get to spend three months getting to know these wonderful people from Canada and I feel so honored that this is true. A German and Italian who live in Canada. So many stories. They've been to 40 countries and have 12 kids between them. You really can have it all. 


My new organization has introduced me to new friends. I am now working with the Haitian population in the Dominican Republic. It's a different world, and I feel honored to be a part of it. 


Swoon. I love my people. 
These are my people. 
L-R: Conner, Serpas, Lobo, Julianna, Me, Courtney, Ashley. 
Really, this is what a PEace Corps service leaves behind in your life. 
These are the only people who are really going to know what you mean when you talk nostalgically about this place. My people. I love them. 


Fanfiction. 



1 comment:

  1. I think that I have New Year's Eve picture I've shown people that I probably shouldn't have....

    ReplyDelete