Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I have a room mate.

In life I always worried that the life choices I made would limit the time I had to have room mates that I chose for myself. I lived with my sister growing up, moved to the dorms, and then hit life running. I've lived all over the country and the world (I feel pompous saying I've lived all over the world when I've really only lived internationally twice now) and I thought I gave up the idea of picking some random girl and having a room mate.

Well look no further world, because I now have a room mate and you know what, I think I would have chosen her if I had the option. The project I am working with realized one mediocre Peace Corps Volunteer wasn't going to be enough and hired a girl to come down and babysit me for the first six months. (All of that was sarcasm. She's just here to take some of the load off of our wonderful leader Caitlin.)

I can tell she and I are going to have a good time together. She likes the food I cook, and I like the fruit she buys. She likes hearing stories and I like to hear myself talk. She likes the ocean and I like guarding stuff while other people swim. She likes washing dishes after she uses them and I like the exact same thing. Really now, she's awesome.


This is us at the beach. We walked there from our house. Really now, life must be tough... the next six months are going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment