Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Time to clean the bathroom...

The house I live in has been invaded this summer. That is a bit of an overstatement, but by my calculations closet to 15 people have slept here this summer. At most I think we had 10 people at one time. All of this was functioning on one bathroom.

At the beginning of the summer I decided I was going to let the cleaning slip. It stands to reason that when the number of people increases the cleaning should increase, but I have my reasons. To start, the volunteers were mostly all short term. They don't and shouldn't be expected to learn the ins and outs of how this house is kept running smoothly. We start with the basics, "Don't put toilet paper in the toilet", and kind of run from there. I didn't expect the volunteers to all learn that it is best to mop the bathroom every time you go in thee because the sink has a hard to find mystery leak. Another important factor to not is that the volunteers all paid trip fees to cover the cleaning of the house. I kept things tidy as best I could and awaited the fateful day when I cold run damage control. My good people, that day was today.

I've actually been a little excited to get down to the nitty gritty and clean up my home. I did a bit of this when I was sick. Most of you probably don't know that when I am coming to the backside of a sickness everything in me wants to clean house. I scrubbed a small corner of the living room near my bookcase that day before I ran out of steam and had to go lie (lay?) back down. Now, with the number of houseguests down to two, I took the opportunity to clean the bathroom.

Now, I didn't take any before shots, because, well, whatever, but I did manage to sneak a few after shots to give you a sense of the last two hours of my life. In short, or long, I was sweating and cleaning and bleaching enough to make my mother or sister very proud.



Above you can see the pile of toiletries left behind like unwanted orphans. 
Don't worry toiletries, Amanda will take advantage of you. 

Below you will see the edge of my shower. Until tonight those very same toiletries lined my showed. As of tonight the ledge is only housing the toiletries of the two ladies still with me. You also have a view of the bath mat I finally decided to splurge for. I'm telling you four hundred pesos is sometimes a lot of pesos. 


I'd go into the ins and outs of the cleaning process, but this is already turning into an Amanda story. Basically I was listening to The Moth podcast and sweating a lot while i wore pink gloves and scrubbed mold and stuff with rags and scrub brushes. 

Yay… the bathroom will be clean for one night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment