Monday, August 18, 2014

The first day of school

I was sitting in my living room studying Spanish when I heard a drumline. "What's going on?", I wondered. 

I went outside to see all of my neighbors waving and clapping. It was a parade. 

The drumline was leading and dancers followed. Behind the dancers students in their uniforms began to file in place. 

So that's what they do here in my community. On the first day of school a band starts at the top of the campo and makes way down to the school. As the line passes each students house they join the parade.

What a great start to the school year. 

My neighbors did mention that the group was small. Noting how few students actually go for the first few days of class.

I think I'd want to be at the first day of school every year if this were the practice. Then again, that really is my style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment