Santo Domingo hosted the Presidente Festival over the weekend on October 4, 2014 and I had tickets to go on Saturday. My good friend Susi said it would be fun, so I said I would go because really, it's not that hard to get me out of the house. If you tell me there is an event I am most likely going to tell you I'll be there.
Obligatory list of things Amanda learned about concerts:
1. They don't start on time.
2. The headliner comes out last.
3. They go for a really long time. (I hear this is only sometimes)
4. The event planners constantly taunt you with the idea of the one guy you want to see.
5. Beer tastes better at a concert.
6. Dominabros don't want to dance at concerts even more than they don't want to dance at clubs.
7. I will fall asleep even if my father the the baseball player is blasting some song I don't know.
8. Event planners will use a giant fireworks display to wake you up before Bruno at 12:10
9. Bruno still won't come out until 12:30 and you regret the 20 minute nap you missed
10. By 11 you will already be thinking about post concert donuts your friends picked up.
11. Concerts are yet another compass, pointing to my inevitable vida as a grandmother.
Overall I was VERY satisfied. I've fallen asleep sober in clubs and still had a good time I think I can now say the same for concerts.
Better list because it's a list of all the socially
unacceptable weird places I've fallen asleep:
(Note these all take place after 20:30, the exact moment I tire every night.
1. Movie theaters
3. Dance Clubs
4. House parties
5. Friends houses
6. Strangers houses
7. Openings to movies I've waited over 3 months to see
9. Bowling alleys
We should also note that I woke up at the very latest at 8:30 the day after each of these events. In reality, I would put money on 75% of the time I woke up before 7 a.m.
Insert pictures of me looking fly. I was able to borrow a dress from a friend. I was worried about it being too short the entire time I was prepping (Remember I am a grandmother at heart), but I was rocking it by concert time (Because I showed it to no less than 4 girlfriends to get opinions beforehand).
My girls and me before the concert.
.and below we have me and my face before the concert.
I will also include this picture of me with the craziest of eyes, because well, if I don't include it here it will never be seen by anyone ever and I can't let the photo feel so useless.
So there you have it. A post that was kind of about my time at a concert.
Oh, and just as an FYI the lineup was Frank Reyes, Daddy Yankee and Bruno Mars.
(In that order, because I don't want to confuse you the way an event planner might :-)