Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Frank something, my dad the baseball player, and Bruno.

Basically, Amanda went to her first concert the other day. Maybe it doesn't count as a concert. Maybe it was simply my first festival. Maybe a festival is bigger than a concert because it is a bunch of concerts together. Either way, I am on a roll with my doing things once, and then never doing them again. I went to my first something and I had a good time even though I fell asleep on a floor that contained used beer cups. 

Santo Domingo hosted the Presidente Festival over the weekend on October 4, 2014 and I had tickets to go on Saturday. My good friend Susi said it would be fun, so I said I would go because really, it's not that hard to get me out of the house. If you tell me there is an event I am most likely going to tell you I'll be there. 

Obligatory list of things Amanda learned about concerts: 
1. They don't start on time. 
2. The headliner comes out last. 
3. They go for a really long time. (I hear this is only sometimes)
4. The event planners constantly taunt you with the idea of the one guy you want to see. 
5. Beer tastes better at a concert. 
6. Dominabros don't want to dance at concerts even more than they don't want to dance at clubs.
7. I will fall asleep even if my father the the baseball player is blasting some song I don't know. 
8. Event planners will use a giant fireworks display to wake you up before Bruno at 12:10
9. Bruno still won't come out until 12:30 and you regret the 20 minute nap you missed
10. By 11 you will already be thinking about post concert donuts your friends picked up. 
11. Concerts are yet another compass, pointing to my inevitable vida as a grandmother. 


Overall I was VERY satisfied. I've fallen asleep sober in clubs and still had a good time I think I can now say the same for concerts. 


Better list because it's a list of all the socially unacceptable weird places I've fallen asleep:
(Note these all take place after 20:30, the exact moment I tire every night. 
1. Movie theaters
2. Bars
3. Dance Clubs
4. House parties
5. Friends houses
6. Strangers houses
7. Openings to movies I've waited over 3 months to see
8. Plays
9. Bowling alleys
10. Parks

We should also note that I woke up at the very latest at 8:30 the day after each of these events. In reality, I would put money on 75% of the time I woke up before 7 a.m. 

Insert pictures of me looking fly. I was able to borrow a dress from a friend. I was worried about it being too short the entire time I was prepping (Remember I am a grandmother at heart), but I was rocking it by concert time (Because I showed it to no less than 4 girlfriends to get opinions beforehand). 


 My girls and me before the concert. 

.and below we have me and my face before the concert.


I will also include this picture of me with the craziest of eyes, because well, if I don't include it here it will never be seen by anyone ever and I can't let the photo feel so useless. 


So there you have it. A post that was kind of about my time at a concert. 


Oh, and just as an FYI the lineup was Frank Reyes, Daddy Yankee and Bruno Mars. 
(In that order, because I don't want to confuse you the way an event planner might :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, how are you?

    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

    I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because through them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately, it is impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are very small countries with very few population, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

    For all this, I would ask you one small favor:
    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Dominican Republic? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Dominican Republic in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Avenida Juan de la Cierva, 44
    28902 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

    Finally, I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

    Yours Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete