Thursday, May 15, 2014

Was there ever a point where you seriously considered quitting the peace corps?

No.

Peace Corps is hard, but I have known that I want to stick it out for the long haul. If anything, I don't want to be the one that didn't make it.

I have always lived my life after considering the advice of others. I think that if enough people say something is a definite yes, or a definite no, I should listen to them. I don't always follow through with the majority (most people told me to finish graduate school before I left for Peace Corps, and I decided the timing was right for me to say yes to Peace Corps), because in the end I know I am the one that has to live my life, but I always take advice into consideration.

So many people say that the two years were worth it. They tell me that there will be hard times. That is will suck, but that it is always worth the time we put into this crazy life we are living.

I've been right on track with what people said. I've wondered if it would all be worth it. In the end though, I have prepared for it to outright suck sometimes, and I think knowing it is supposed to have crappy times is what keeps me going.

"If it didn't suck sometimes, it wouldn't be Peace Corps."

No comments:

Post a Comment