Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Copy work

I was reading a home school blog written by a lady who was having a hard time teaching her kids English lessons. They just weren't catching on very well (they are native speakers, this is just the regular lessons we all went through.) The lady decided to teach her kids using a method I now employ in teaching myself more spanish: copy work.

She had her kids sit for something like 15 or 30 minutes each day to copy out of a book. I have a kids Spanish book that I've been reading and now copying. It really has shown me marked improvement. (And by marked I mean I haven't marked a single thing, but my study time has focus and I am learning so it feels good.)

For any of you out there working on a language, native or foreign, copy work really helps. It forces you to look in at the language and see what your eyes sometimes miss when you are only reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment